Monday 26 October 2015

oblivious

I thought this chap was a total dick-head with his headphones on:

After all he’s on the beachfront in Northland looking at this idyllic scene in Tauranga Bay!:



I encountered this same fellow and his female companion the day before at Matauri Bay. They were just ahead of me on the walk up to the Rainbow Warrior memorial at the top of the hill overlooking the bay.

When they arrived at the top she promptly sat down and consulted her cell-phone while he went to the cliff-edge and took 50 or so photographs of the western aspect framed by a pohutukawa tree with his large digital SLR (I could hear the shutter repeating).

After a perfunctory glance at the memorial they scuttled off down the hill again, no doubt eager to get out of Dodge as there is (thankfully to me, anyhow) no wifi available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment